Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gothic Makeup Banned From Intramuros

With the rate I'm going with the 21 Things Before I Turn 21 thingie I have going on on my blog, it looks like I could only post five things at most. But one of the things I promised to do this year was to follow through on my commitments. So... I'm gonna make this happen!

Number 3: Makeup Gig With Strangers!

Last week I was invited to do makeup for this random let's-build-our-portfolios shoot organized by Raphie (the photog). We met in a website called Model Mayhem-- an avenue for budding photographers, HMUAs, models, stylists, etc., to meet each other and organize shoots or do casting calls.

So the whole theme of the shoot was goth. I was supposed to do makeup on two models, but the other one went MIA online. HAHA Anyhoo, I think Akira did an awesome job by herself. :)

After I did makeup on my model in the hot and humid carinderia in Intramuros, we were all set to shoot. Only apparently, as the the Intramuros guard happily informed us, we weren't allowed to shoot beyond one point as it would desecrate the image of Jose Rizal. :| Hindi ko gets! What if I were a goth person on vacation in Intramuros and I wanted to take a picture of myself inside? Will they ban me?

Moving on. Here are the photos from the shoot! Got the CD in the mail yesterday


P.S. Yay! Finally got a semi-decent shot of me doing makeup. :| I always look panget when I do makeup. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

slap that comment button like you mean it ;)