Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I have high hopes for the future *wink wink*

FIRST OF ALL, there is something wrong with the updated blogger editor whatchamacallit. I tried uploading my photos a gazillion times to the point of frustration but they simply would not attach to this blog post. I had to upload it using the old blogger editor thingie. OHWELL.
So today I was feeling a wee bit more optimistic than usual that I decided to do a whole wedding look (hair&makeup) on myself as practice. You can interpret that in whichever way you like.



I did a simple up do for my hair- I did the normal "bump it" and just shoved sections of my lower ponytail into a bun. I had to set my hair with mousse and benders before doing anything to add more volume.

My makeup was more of the natural bridal look. I found the Fashion 21 2-way foundation quite sheer because it didn't really cover all my freckles. For the eyes, I used MAC Romp (brown) as the base, MAC Smut (grayish black) for contouring my lids, Avon Metal Rose (light pink, shimmer) for blending the edges and lining the lower lid, and MAC Rice Paper (off white) for highlighting my brow bone and the eyes.

I didn't get to line my upper eyelids because I'd just finished a pot of eyeliner and I'm still looking for an alternative to my Maybelline gel liner (see why). No falsies; just mascara. Maybelline. Can i just kill myself now? I feel so bad. I promise to just finish this tube and I'll switch to Almay or something else.


For the lips, I went with a subtle nude pink color (Ever Bilena Mauve) and pink gloss to give my lips some plump.

After a gazillion shots by my right and left arms using my trusty Nikon D3000, i came up with decent photos that show the whole look. Aside from a little editing with the lighting, all images are raw and unedited. Gah. Who am I kidding? I know ya'll can see the lumpytee lumps on my t-zone anyway! haha

Well, here's to high hopes for our futures.

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment

slap that comment button like you mean it ;)