Sunday, August 21, 2011

Anong Plano Mo? Usap Tayo.

Okay so that might not be the tagline of Sunlife Financial, but it sure is catchy! Kudos to Philam Life!

Number 4: I finally opened an investment account and bought insurance!

My friend Nadine has been selling insurance for about a year now. She's also been slowly brainwashing me on why it's important beneficial to invest money. When she'd babble about investments and value of money and stocks and all the boring stuff grown ups talk about, I'd just space out and think of Adam Levine's hot abs and hip bones.
However, lately, I read the Rich Dad Poor Dad book by the asian guy (I forget the name). I then realized how important it is to start early with investments. In 10, 20, 30, years, WHERE THE HELL WOULD I BE? With my awesome spending habits and shit-like salary, I don't think I'd be able to save anything in the coming five years. This plan forces me to save and at the same time, increases my savings by putting it into stocks for it to earn by itself. It's amazing, to tell you the truth. I can't stop talking about it to anyone!

Just in time for my birthday, I feel so grown up now. At least I have the assurance that in 10 years, when I'm 30, I'd have something saved up. I love it to death! No pun intended.





No comments:

Post a Comment

slap that comment button like you mean it ;)