Monday, August 15, 2011

talking my way out of a traffic ticket



Number 2: I got my first parking ticket nearing the end of July. 



It was a terrible experience; it honestly made me cry like a baby. Last week, another incident made a blue-man traffic enforcer signal to me to pull over.

Obstruction: P500. This cheeky old man with an incomplete set of teeth appeared when I rolled down my window. He had a really bright smile on his face, as if he was happy to tell me that I'd be getting my second ticket that morning. Or so I thought.

I was on my way to Shaw Boulevard from EDSA and I was consciously trying to stay away from the bus lanes to avoid what happened to my dad four years ago-- he got caught driving a couple of meters on the yellow lane from Robinson's Galleria to EDSA. How on earth was I supposed to know that to get to Shaw, I'd really have to take those God-forsaken lanes? :(

So, back to the traffic enforcer. After he told me that I had been obstructing the traffic flow, I outrightly told him that I was about to cry. He told me not to since he's mabait naman daw; he just wanted a little something from my wallet. I had one 1000 peso paper bill; obviously, I couldn't give him that. I begged him to let me go just once and showed him my 1000 peso paper bill, my driver's license from La Union, and reminded him of my region 1 plate number. I told him I'd give him his pangkape if he'd give me change for my P1000. (I know. I'm SORRY, really.) Oh, and did I mention I was pleading like a baby?
After 15 minutes of negotiating with him and showing him how helpless I was, he finally let me go! I got to where I was supposed to go and immediately called my Dad. I pleaded for him to confiscate my license due to plain right negligence.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

slap that comment button like you mean it ;)