Yesterday, I decided to give my
buhaghag hair a treat to the salon. I just arrived from Manila a couple of days back so I really didn't know where to get my hair treated in La Union. I decided to try out the newly opened salon next to our
crappy humble provincial shopping mall. I pulled my fresh-from-nursing-duty friend, Sheena, out of the hospital and forced her to accompany me.
When we arrived, we were greeted by the salon stylist who was in the middle of a tong-its game. Honestly, she scared the bejesus out of me. (S)He was a large she-man with long Sto.Niño-curly hair and she was wearing what seemed to be a maternity shirt that accommodated her
7-month pregnant large belly.
 |
I swear the stylist (Mrs. LargeMan) looked exactly like John Lapus except
that she was 4 shades darker and she had better shaped eyebrows |
The interior was pretty normal for a provincial salon: apple green and red colored walls, leather couches, wooden shelves, and a coffee table filled with the newest issues of YES! magazine. Their hot oil treatment was 299 pesos. Mrs. LargeMan washed my hair with shampoo but didn't even bother to condition it. And, she literally just smeared the hair crack on my hair for 2 mins and put me under the steamer. Seriously, how ghetto can you get? BUT, she shaped Sheena's eyebrows for free and she gave me a free hair cut! Apparently, my normal hair was so disastrous that she wanted to fix it so bad. HAHA Big confidence booster, that (wo)man.
 |
| BEFORE: My awesomely buhaghag hair |
 |
| AFTER (no makeup fezz and a teddy bear daster FTW) |
Overall, I didn't mind having my hair done in the Ghetto salon (I forgot the real name... rest salon? or sth tacky.) My hair still feels soft from the hot oil and I got a free standard hair cut I could've paid for for P300 in Manila. But still. I'm never going back there because druggy looking trannies scare the living daylights out of my sunny bright soul. HAAAAAAAAAAA. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
slap that comment button like you mean it ;)